- The secret behind every great shot ESPN.com May 18, 2011
- The only way to end America's Grand Slam drought slate.com Tuesday, June 2, 2009
- The Day They Belabored the Point The New York Times September 23, 2009
- How good does a tennis pro have to be to make a living? slate.com Tuesday, Sept. 8, 2009
- Looking to Asia for the next generation of superstars as the tennis wave spreads east The World Street Journal SEPTEMBER 11, 2009
- News Article: How to Grow a Super-Athlete New York Times March 4, 2007
- The Role of the Toss by Jim McLennan
- Success with risk, or security with safety? by Tom Veneziano
- take your calculated risk and controlled aggression, avoid staying comfort zone and fall comfortably.
- The Secrets of Roddick's Rocket Serve by John Yandell
TennisandI Feature Presentation (coming soon)
- View pro clips with loop view, frame-by-frame forward or back view, slow motion view and seqment view.
- Upload your video clips
- Pro Video Clip Library
- Player Video Clip Library
- Side-by-side comparison with Pro player you select in Pro Library
- Video Demo
- Video Lesson Part One
- Video Instruction by Coach Brad Gilbert, Bob & Mike Bryan and Anna Kournikova
- Video Lesson Part Two
- Forehand, Backhand, Game Play, Warm-Up, Grips ...
- The Three Forehand Finishes by Robert Lansdorp
The Three Forehand Finishes:
The Out-Front Finish, The Downward (or Cross Body) Finish, The Reverse Finish Learn to drive through the ball first with more of an up-front finish. Later you add the downward finish across the body, and you add the reverse.
- Video: Attacking the Net (6:47 min)
- Brad Gilbert shows you how to be fearless, aggressive and successful while at the net.
- Video: Doubles Strategy (17:30 min)
- Top-ranked doubles partners, Bob & Mike Bryan, demonstrate doubles play.
- Article with Videos: The Ultimate Topspin Tennis Serve Video Guide
Tactics and Strategy
- Article: Basic Strategies: Six Basic Strategies (PDF) by Wayne Elderton
- Article: Win With Consistency from about.com
- Article: Hey Coach! I’m Losing Here!!! by Ron Waite, USPTR
- Article: Oooops!!!! by Ron Waite, USPTR
- Article: Hey Coach WE'RE Losing Here!!!! by Ron Waite, USPTR
- Article: Strategy and Tactics of Tennis by Ray Brown and Kathrin Hashemi
- Article: Dust Busters by Harold Solomon
Learn clay-court tennis strategies and how to practice:
- Increase the margin of error on your shots
- Patience, patience, patience
- Use angles, short balls, and drop shots to open up the court
- Don't be afraid to finish points at the net
- Article: Stop Thinking About Winning by John F. Murray, Ph.D
"Players emphasizing performance goals (e.g., higher percentage of first serves) over outcome goals (e. g., winning) retain more attention for the immediate task at hand. Getting wrapped up in thoughts about outcome only leads to distraction, anxiety, and pressure."
- TOM'S ONLINE TENNIS LESSON: You could play like Roger Federer, but you won't! by Tom Veneziano
- TOM'S ONLINE TENNIS QUICK TIP: Consistency clarified by Tom Veneziano
- TOM'S ONLINE TENNIS LESSON: If I'm the better player, why am I clueless! by Tom Veneziano
- TOM'S ONLINE TENNIS LESSON: Hit Winners with Control, not POWER by Tom Veneziano
Tennis News Articles
- Tennis Week - News - The Tennis Week Interview: Gil Reyes March 19 , 2008
- BBC SPORT | Tennis | Federer criticises Murray's style (March 3 , 2008)
- Murray has won the last two of their three career meetings, including victory in the first round of the Dubai Championship on Monday.
- ABC News: 6-Year-Old Tennis Prodigy: 'I'm Really Good' (February 28, 2008)
- Wunderkinds: The future of the tennis prodigy December 26, 2007
- The Tennis Week Interview: Emilio Sanchez (November 19, 2007)
Tennis Web Sites
- offers a subscription to the Tennis Server INTERACTIVE E-mail Newsletter, feature columns such as TURBO TENNIS by Ron Waite, USPTA, and many good articles written by tennis pros. Best of all, it is free!
Tactics and Strategy eBooks
- Collections of Tennis Tactics and Strategy eBooks
- How to Play Tennis: A Step-by-Step Video Instruction Guide For Tennis Beginners